Juliana jewelry was made by the De Lizza & Elster Company. D&E began business in about 1947 and closed in 1990. The founding partners were Harold Elster and William De Lizza. Frank De Lizza joined the company in 1948 as Harold’s right-hand man. This company supplied more than 800 customers in the U.S. and abroad. They made jewelry for many famous companies including Albert Weiss, Alice Caviness, Celebrity, Hobe, Hattie Carnegie, Kenneth J. Lane, Kramer, Karu, & Paluka. We are lucky that Frank De Lizza is still here and currently producing copies of his old designs. He is helping to answer the questions that we all have had about this wonderful multi-colored style of jewelry that is being referred to as Juliana. This style of jewelry has become highly collectible with glitzy art glass stones, using colorful combinations, dangling AB crystals and high quality rhinestones all beautifully arranged and displayed in parures, pins, brooches, earrings, necklaces & bracelets. The five-link bracelets with their matching pieces were produced for many years but the exact dates are not known. The jewelry was never marked and it was not until 1967 that this company tried to create a name with Juliana. The Juliana hang tag was used for a short time of 2 years and then discontinued.
<-- FreeFind End No Index -->